Tulsi, also known as “Holy Basil,” has been used by many cultures around the world for thousands of years. Described in the Vedas as the most sacred holy plant of India, it was traditionally used in religious ceremonies and ayurvedic formulas. Called “the wonder herb,” it’s a common ingredient in ayurvedic throat syrup to soothe the occasional cough. In Ayurveda, it was traditionally used to support the colon’s natural ability to remove parasites. American colonists used Tulsi to ease occasional head discomfort.
Organic Tulsi is pungent, bitter, light, dry, and has a heating quality. It balances Kapha and Vata doshas (mind-body types), but can slightly increase the Pitta dosha. Organic Tulsi has specific benefits for the respiratory system or pranavaha srotas. Its heating and sharp qualities help liquefy mucus, making it beneficial for the occasional cough, the respiratory system and the body’s natural response to allergens. Combined with honey, the juice works well for hiccups.
According to Ayurveda, this herb:
* Promotes respiratory health, supporting the lungs and bronchial system
* Contains vitamins A and C, and antioxidants that help fight free radicals
* Supports a healthy pulmonary system
* Helps reduce ama (toxins)
All our herbs are grown and processed in a holistic and eco-friendly way without the use of toxic and harmful synthetic chemicals.
* Certified USDA organic
* Can be used with other herbal supplements, vitamins, or natural products
* No side effects
* Cruelty-free — not tested on animals
Explore our powerful, synergistic formulas containing Organic Tulsi (Holy Basil):
* Aller-Defense – Allergen Resistance
* Bio-Immune – Immunity & Antioxidants
* Clear Throat – Immunity & Antioxidants
* Cold Weather Defense – Immunity & Antioxidants
* Liver Balance – Digestion
* Protection Plus Respiratory – Respiratory Health
* Protection Plus Sinuses – Allergen Resistance
* Sniffle Free – Immunity & Antioxidants
* Stress-Free Emotions – Emotional Balance
* Sniffle Free Tea
Bath & Body:
* Jasmine Herbal Soap
* Rose Herbal Soap
* Slumber Time Aroma Oil
* Vata Aroma Oil
organic holy basil (tulsi) leaf. Other ingredients: organic tapioca starch.
Suggested Use: 1-2 tablets twice daily, with water after meals.
Based on the ayurvedic texts, our panel of vaidyas recommends 1000 – 2000 mg of Tulsi per day for maximum effectiveness.
Important: If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a known medical condition, consult your physician before taking this or any other dietary supplement. Store in a cool and dry place, lid tightly closed. Keep out of reach of children.